- Provide system feedback within 400 ms in order to keep users’ attention and increase productivity.
- Use perceived performance to improve response time and reduce the perception of waiting.
- Animation is one way to visually engage people while loading or processing is happening in the background.
- Progress bars help make wait times tolerable, regardless of their accuracy.
- Purposefully adding a delay to a process can actually increase its perceived value and instill a sense of trust, even when the process itself actually takes much less time.
The time to acquire a target is a function of the distance to and size of the target.
The time it takes to make a decision increases with the number and complexity of choices.
Users often perceive aesthetically pleasing design as design that’s more usable.